Bishop Jim Dorff has announced his intention to make the following pastoral appointments during the 2013 Rio Grande Annual Conference session.
John Feagins ... from Campus Ministries SA College/UTSA
... to Iglesia Metodista Unida La Trinidad, San Antonio, TX
Oswaldo Benitez ... from Oak Meadows/SWTXC, San Antonio, TX
... to Iglesia Metodista Unida Principe de Paz, San Antonio, TX
Alicia Campos ... from medical leave
... to Iglesia Metodista Unida Westlawn, San Antonio, TX
The Rio Grande Record wants to help you share the good news in your area. Send us stories and pictures that celebrate your people, your ministries, your communities. Email us at email@example.com or send to Rio Grande Conference, Office of Connectional Ministries, ATTN: Rebecca O. Ortiz, 16400 Huebner Rd., San Antonio, TX 78248. If you have questions, call the Conference office at 210 408-4513.
Las esposas de los ministros de la conferencia Rió Grande ofrecen una beca escolar por semestre a esposas de ministros que se matriculen en una universidad, colegio o escuela vocacional. Se dará una beca de $ 150.00 por semestre. Se dará beca solamente cuando la persona se registre por tres (3 ) a nueve (9) horas por semestre. No se dará becas a esposas/os de ministros que tengan cargo pastorales.
Para una aplicación puede llamar a Susie Ponce a 972-335-0903, 214-315-3393
Correo electronico: firstname.lastname@example.org
7 "Ask, and it will be given to you. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. 8 Everyone who asks will receive. He who searches will find. The door will be opened to the one who knocks.
9 "Suppose your son asks for bread. Which of you will give him a stone? 10 Or suppose he asks for a fish. Which of you will give him a snake? 11 Even though you are evil, you know how to give good gifts to your children. How much more will your Father who is in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
12 "In everything, do to others what you would want them to do to you. This is what is written in the Law and in the Prophets.
· What sort of letters did you write to Santa Claus as a kid?
· If you could make up one rule that everyone in the world had to live by, what would it be and why?
· According to Jesus, what is the result for those who "knock" on God’s door? (7:7)
· Why is the command to treat others as you want to be treated so significant? (7:12)
· What do you tend to pray about?
· When is it hardest for you to treat others with kindness and respect?
· What request will you bring to God every day this week?
· To what relationship do you most need to apply the Golden Rule this week?
Bible Study Edited by: Tracey Perez
Source: Lesson Maker 8
Scripture retrieved from: Biblegateway.com